Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NP code required for Alcatel 2045X (Optus locked phone)

I require an NP code for my Alcatel 2045X. I am porting my number from Optus to Telstra. I have the unlock code from Optus, but require an NP code once I insert the Telstra SIM. From reading other Yes Crowd chats it seems that the code can be obtained via Optus speaking with Alcatel. I have submitted a request to Alcatel but have had no response. I spoke with Optus technical support last weekend, but the team member was not able to assist me

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NP code required for Alcatel 2045X (Optus locked phone)

@Anzac30 

The person who activated the phone can submit a request online to obtain the network unlock code.

Please be aware that a fee may apply if the Optus prepaid mobile service activated with the phone has not recharged at least $80.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NP code required for Alcatel 2045X (Optus locked phone)

Thank you. I have received the unlock code from Optus, but this is not the NP code. The NP code must apparently be entered prior to the unlock code. I have read other posts on this forum, which indicate that most Optus staff don't know what an NP code is , but when they escalate the querie eventually the customer receives the NP code via the Optus team speaking with Alcatel. It seems the NP code is set by Alcatel. 

0 Kudos