Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
anthonyn
Contributor
Contributor

NO INSURANCE?! SERIOUSLY!

So I finally got the new iPhone X and told them I want insurance on my phone! Turns out they did not put insurance on and now they are refusing to put insurance on the phone!! WHY! The phone is brand new, no scratches, the hardware is fine, apple just completed a test for apple care and it got approved!

I am so upset! Can someone please tell me what to do?! I am done with Optus!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NO INSURANCE?! SERIOUSLY!

So you can get applecare?

Its a bit vague but Applecare can be applied up to 60 days after purchase. Purchase includes authorised reseelers which presumably Optus are. Read here

There's apparently an online diagnostic that will certify it (although that is what you have run?)

Does that resolve your issue?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
sophie19
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They did this to me too, call up and tell them you want it escalated.  It is definitely possible to add on, the insurance people have to do it though.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @anthonyn, thanks for reaching out to us as I can appreciate your concern in regards to adding insurance on your contract. Device Protect insurance can only be taken out at the point of sale. Customers can`t add it in between the contract, sorry. Check out this link with more info on insurance. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors