cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor JamesG0rnell
Occasional Contributor

NO CONFIRMATION? WHY CAN'T YOU HELP ME OPTUS?

I don't know is what is going on with your systems, customer car or sales team but it's absolutely shocking.

I placed an order 2 weeks ago for a Sim only plan, recieved a temp order number, and nothing for a week, so I ordered again, same story. 

Time to give customer care a call. What can I say. Wow, unbelievable. I've never been given the run around like that before. From one agent to the next one department can't help me because 'they arent trained on that' 

Got transferred to 6 different agents doing a full loop for 2 hours. Legit 2 hours with no help. It got to the point we're it was actually getting funny because nobody could tell me why my orders can't be seen in the system.

So I finally tell the agent to cancel on order and push the other one through she say yes sure I'll do that now. Too good to be true?? It was. A few days later nothing so I get in contact again. Got the run around again before just told one of the sales team to do the application for me. 

They go ahead and do it so my credit file gets another enquiry, NOT HAPPY! NOBODY WORKING HERE KNOWS THE PORUCT OR K OWS ANYRBING ABOUT CREDIT REPORTS. i asked for them to remove the enquiries as I haven't even recieved a bloody email back let alone a product.

So my order has been placed by the agent. 3 system later STILL NOTHING. 

WHAT ON EARTH KS GOING ON OPTUS?

I'm a loyal Optus customer for 5-6 years. Help me

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: NO CONFIRMATION? WHY CAN'T YOU HELP ME OPTUS?

I can sympathise with you as getting stuffed around trying to get a simple answer can be extremely frustrating. With all the calls you have made thus far have they given you any indication on where the problem lays? I would assume that if your order has been held up by the credit department then cancelling and ordering again would probably end up with the same result.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

It definitely shouldn't be this complicated to get your order looked into, I'm sorry for the run around you've endured. Sales Support are available directly on 1300929949, but shoot me a private message with your temp order number, full name and DOB so I can check for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for you message but it doesn't help. 

You told me to wait 2 days you gave me the run around just like everyone else. Why can't anyone just get a grip of this situation and solve it?

It's been a further 4 days since my last contact with Optus agents and still nothing. 

What's going on?

If I can't get a clear answer today I want all the credit enquiries removed from my file and I want to cancel everything. I'll go to Vodafone.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Seanbne88
Occasional Contributor

Sorry to hear this from another angry customer of Optus, however I think this is normal within Optus from my experience. See my experience in seeking refund for mischarge over 1 months after they agreed to repay me.E3D500B2-284B-4E39-A193-CA7A69C30B7B.png6222CDCC-E764-4989-9C0A-F1E0A6EDB020.png

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just wanted to update anyone who has experienced the same problem as me. 

STILL NO UPDATE! 

I have been messaging Toomy, the admin of this platform but even he cannot provide me with any reson as to why i'm still in limbo and is pretty much giving me the run around like everyone else I have spoken to at Optus.  

It's been 3 weeks since my initial applications that were cancelled for no reason, the application that the agent processed has been 'sitting with the credit team' for over a week. seems a little unnecessary don't you think?

Toomy advised me there have been 'notes' on my account and there has been activity but didn't go into any detail or provide me with any rlelvant information. 

My respose was that if nothing is done before the end of the day I would like all credit enquiries removed, and all applications cancelled. Otherwise I have no choice but to escalate with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman to intervene.

I have heard nothing back. 

I can't seem to get my head around how such a simple process as changing from pre-paid to post-paid has bocome so hard, stressful and inconvenient. All I wanted was a new plan so I can incoice my employer correct becuase they don't accpet pre-pain invoices, and I have had an absolute nightmare. 

DON'T CHOOSE OPTUS. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@JamesG0rnell, I'm sorry we didn't get back to you right away.

I've replied to your private message. I'll chat with you there.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Tassdimis74
Occasional Contributor

good luck .. i have been a loyal customer for 10years and I am having the same issue i have so far contacted and been passed around by 11 LIVE CHAT " consultants" and one of them tried to blame TPG for disconnecting my number when it was OPTUS, the level of incompetance at OPTUS is staggering and no one cares. They dont care that their loyal customers rely on their mobiles as a landline , they just dont care

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

are you just ignoring me now Dan? 

Ive sent you 3 messages since you messaged me

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

UPDATE: I just received a text message saying my order has been recieved. So I checked with a Chat representive with the order number that Dan_C created for me. 

THIS ONE HAS BEEN CANCELLED TOO! 

what is wrong with you guys, why can't you just process an order? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors