Searching...

Mobile

MyAccount can't do the SIM replacement

andylch

I am using Optus Prepaid Cap (previously Woolworths Mobile), but I can't do the SIM replacement by myself on MyAccount.

The error msg is:

"We have noticed that the SIM you are attempting to replace does not match your current service type. Please obtain the correct SIM type from your nearest Optus World store, or alternatively contact Optus customer care on 13 39 37."

The new SIM is a blank prepaid SIM with preloaded credit inside it. (http://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid/sim-card/40-sim)

Can your technical team help to fix it?

Re: MyAccount can't do the SIM replacement

Marie

Hey @andylch,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Usually this error message occurs when you're attempting to activate a mobile broadband SIM card instead of a mobile phone SIM card or vise versa.

If you're still experiencing issues jump on and chat with our 24/7 prepaid team and they'll be able to check it out further for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

andylch

It is not a MBB sim, it is a voice SIM. Your back end system just didn't configure it properly. Please fix the problem asap. Thanks a lot.

Marie

Thanks for the confirmation @andylch,

You're welcome to PM us with your details and we'll see what we can do to get this resolved for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Puneeth

To activate the replacement sim card

If you are able send and receive text messages from your old SIM card. i would request you to type MENU and send it to 9999.

Once the pop up menu appears I would suggest you to select option 6 for prepaid service or option 9 for postpaid service which will help u to activate the service

[ Edited ]
andylch

Same error:

The SIM number you have entered is incorrect or not valid. Please try again by replying with the 13 digit SIM card number now, or perform the SIM replacement online via optus.com.au/activatesim. If this is not an Optus SIM, you may not be able to activate it using this service. For other self-service options reply "menu".

Please help to fix your back-end system asap. Thanks.

Puneeth

Thank you for providing the infoirmation. I would request you to contact Optus voice team at 131344 and get the sim card replaced since you are facing issues with the self serve Option.

andylch

You can't replace me any SIM card and make it works. It is the problem of your back-end system, not the SIM cards themselves. 

If you want to try it by yourselves, just order any SIM from here: http://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaid/sim-card/40-sim

Please go ahead to fix your system and stop asking end-users non-sense questions. Thanks a lot.

andylch

Any update? Optus has given up to fix the system problem?

Marie

We have passed feedback on to our My Account team about this @andylch,

To change your SIM card it's best to call our team on 131344 and they will be able to do this for you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
73 Kudos
52 Kudos