Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Vicstar2
New Contributor

My sim

I’m brand new to Optus, coming over from Telstra. I received a message that my sim is in its way. Do I simply pop it into my phone and go to activate straight away?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Re: My sim

Hey Vicstar2. Have you ordered a prepaid or postpaid service? If you've ordered a prepaid you'll need to activate and request to port your number over once the SIM has been delivered. If you've got a postpaid service on its way, this would have already been organised for you. When a postpaid SIM is delivered it will normally automatically activate after delivery. It's a matter of taking your old SIM out when it stops working and putting the new SIM in. You can also request an activation by heading to our Website here once the SIM is delivered. We'll also include instructions in the delivery 🙂 

Anyway, welcome to Optus! If you have any questions down the track or need help with anything, don't hesitate to reach out to the team here on Yes Crowd. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos