cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My sim card is locked. How do i unlcok it?

How do I unlock my sim card.I am trying to activate it but it is locked.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My sim card is locked. How do i unlcok it?

Hmm have a look at the article on the link below and see if that helps.

Edit: I actually posted the wrong link. It should be good now.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1562 

Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Its PUKed!!! Did you put in the pin too many time? Does it ask for a PUK code? Was it active in the first place? 

Contact live chat to get the PUK or if you have have the orginal package information, then it should be printed there too. 

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Helpme32

Are you still having issues? If so, what's the exact error message you're receiving? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Where do I go to unlock my SIM card with my puk number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there izzy072, your phone will ask you on the screen to enter your PUK code when you have SIM locked your phone.

If you mean how do you get your PUK code, go to My Account, click on your mobile number on the dashboard, click on the Manage option and then Show All Settings to see the PUK option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Top Contributors