Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

My mobile can’t ring my landline

Lea23

For the past few weeks, if myself or my husband ring our landline, attached to our nbn, we get the following “Optus advises the number is disconnected OIM1”. 

Thing is the line works, others can ring it, other Optus customers can ring it, but seems to be just us. No changes to any of our phones or numbers, happened to my daughters mobile for a few months last year too. It’s a safety issue as I can’t ring my kids if I am out and they are  home. Optus advise there’s nothing wrong and just turn the mobile on and off and type the number manually - none of which fix it!! 

Re: My mobile can’t ring my landline

[ Edited ]
SamSam

Does this happen when you're just at home? Reason for me asking is a lot of telcos no offer Voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) which is where when your mobile connects to your wifi connection it'll route your calls through that rather than via the mobile network. It's to help those without coverage at their home.

If your phone is using this feature (no extra cost so some people wouldn't even know) it could be causing a conflict as it's a voip service (your mobile) calling another voip service (your landline) via the same internet connection. 

This is just a total guess but thought it'd be worth ruling out as wouldn't be to hard to do. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

Try @SamSam advice, but if that doesn't works have you a friend whose mobile also use Optus where you could insert your SIM. Then see if that phone can ring your home number. This should prove whether your mobile phones are the problem or not.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lea23

Thanks, had thought of that and it has same issue away from any WiFi networks. 

Lea23

Good idea. Would be a huge coincidence if so because both my husbands and daughters phones have same issue. Will try though. 

Davelew

Would be a huge coincidence, but gives you something to argue with when you speak to Optus if they try to fob you off. Wonder if it is a problem with the modem?I can't think what, but might be worth pursuing for a replacement.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Toomey

Hey @Lea23, has there been any update on this? It certainly is a bizarre one. The troubleshooting advice provided above is great.

Let me know how you go and shoot me a private message if you need further assistance. I will send the details off to our network team for advice. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lea23

Still no change. None of the suggestions work. I rang the technical team on Wednesday after a few online chats kept being disconnected, and the girl said she had reset some things to fix it and for me to hang up, ring the house 5 mins later to verify and she would call me back on my mobile in 15 mins. Well it didn’t fix it for any of the three phones affected and she never rang back. Very frustrating as it’s a safety issue. If I go out and leave any of the older kids at home, I can’t contact them. 

Davelew

I would go for a replacement modem this would rule out one more thing. PM @Toomey as he suggested and see if he can help.

Dave

Dan_C

I've replied to your private message @Lea23.

I just need to confirm your account details and we'll go from there Smiley Happy

Hopefully we can work this one out.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos