cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My lost phone has been found, how do I unblock the IMEI?

So I recently lost my iPhone 11 pro Max, I made a police report and suspended my IMEI, the phone was found just today, is it possible to unlock the IMEI or do I have to get a new phone ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lost phone

I would suspect that this happens a lot and getting a phone unblocked should be possible. There is a method available via the Optus account portal for unblocking a device however I have never used it myself. You may need to contact support to have your device unblocked if the info on the link below doesn't work for you.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1501 

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Lost phone

Great news that your phone was found, Jturns557!

Definitely can be unblocked and no need to get a new phone as Yeldarb advised. 🙂 

Here's how to unblock your device and/or SIM card:

1. Log in to My Account
  2. Select the service that was reported lost/stolen
  3. Select Manage
  4. Select Show all settings
  5. Select Lost or stolen phone (block/unblock)
  6. Select the appropriate option:
    • Unblock my phone and service: this will unblock your phone handset and the SIM
    • Unblock my phone only: this will only unblock your phone handset
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors