Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Mikayla16
New Contributor

My iPhone 6s won't read my sim

I recently got an iPhone 6s which isn't brand new but it's updated and is unlocked to all SIM cards. When I first put my SIM card in it said it was connected then disconnected and said sos only but the 4g didn't come up at all. This happened five or so times until it actually did stay connected and the 4g came up next to it. But it only stayed like that for a few hours and then disconnected once again. I kept trying to reinsert the sim a million times when I gave up. The next day I tried again but it did read after a while. I decided to try and recharge it so as soon as I called 555 it said ( not exactly like this but somewhere alone the lines) This handset has been blocked from this Optus phone line. Eventually I had to put it in my old phone to recharge and then swapped the sim. After I had finished making a call it disconnected. Ive had this for a week and I'm starting to become really annoyed with it. I'm at the point where I'm back to using my old phone. I love this phone but I wish it wasn't like this. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks 😁

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: My iPhone 6s won't read my sim

Hi @Mikayla16, Did you buy this handset from Optus? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I bought it from a friend and I'm not sure if she bought it from Optus 

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Ah - I would recommend getting in touch with your friend as it sounds like the phone has been blocked. If they are unsure on how this would have happened, it would be best for them get in contact with us and we'll be able to check into this for them 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I haven’t been in contact with them since they sold me the phone and when I messaged them they never replied. I went into an Optus store a few weeks ago and they suggested to do a forced update on iTunes and when I tried that there was no force update option. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors