cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

My bill after disconnecting my service or changing service ownership

my bill after disconnecting or changing ownership.jpg

It’s rare that we’ll see a customer cancel their service on the day of their billing cycle. There’s often the misunderstanding that you’ll receive a credit back for the initial month-in-advance payment they’d made when signing up or changing their rate plan. This isn’t necessarily the case. You’ll only receive a credit for the unused portion of your plan.

Check out the example below.

bill after disconnecting and chown.png

1) Your plan: Your rate plan as of your existing bill period. You’ll also find your plan ID, which can be used to find a copy of your plan critical information summary.

2) Credit back for unused portion of old rate plan: In the above example, the customer has been assigned a bill cycle of the 10th of each month. Now, the service has been cancelled as of the 9th of July. If we go back to the bill received for the previous month, you’ll have already paid the period 10th of June - 9th of July in advance. You’ll therefore receive a credit back $2.33 for the portion of your plan (1 day) that was unused.

3) Usage Charges: Any usage charges between your service sign up date and your existing bill cycle (if you’ve stayed within your plan allowance, this amount should be $0.00).

FAQS

What If I’ve disconnected just after I’ve received my last invoice?

You’ll be charged pro rata for any usage incurred between your bill cycle and your disconnection. If you cancelled the service on the 17th of July. You’ll be charged for three days of usage and receive a credit for remaining unused days.

What if I have remaining credits on the account, will I receive a refund? 

Yes, we’ll always attempt to process your refund through your existing payment means i.e. Direct Debit. If that’s not possible, we’ll issue your refund as a cheque. It’s always a good idea to make sure that we have your most current address (in case a cheque needs to be issued).

Change of ownership

Change of ownerships are treated much the same as a disconnection. Again, depending on the gap between the initiated service transfer date and your bill cycle – you’ll be charged a portion of your plan usage and the full plan value a month in advance. Any unused days will be credited back to the account the service transfer was initiated from. 

Note for new account holders- you’ll want to register your service for My Account.

Here you can manage your services and accounts. You’ll be able to check data usage, roaming settings, set up call diversion, change your address, set up electronic billing and much more!

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors