Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Predaking
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Prepaid Long Expiry Plan - credit transfer options

Hi everyone,

I hope that someone can provide assistance with my query.

I am on My Prepaid Long Expiry Plan with $140 credit - due to expire in March 2020 unless I top up again to roll it over and extend it.

Is there anyway:

1. I can use this existing credit to buy into a new prepaid plan, e.g. Prepaid Epic Value OR

2. I can transfer to a new prepaid plan and maintain this credit

I recently found out the credit transfer function (Me2U ?) has been disabled and that it had a $10 transfer limit IIRC.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: My Prepaid Long Expiry Plan - credit transfer options

Heya @ PREDAKING,

Unfortunately, we're unable to transfer credit between Prepaid plans. It's mentioned in the plan CIS, but if you do wish to another plan, you'll retain any "My Credit" but you'll lose any minutes, SMS or data inclusions. "My credit," is used for any non-standard calls, international calls/SMS or premium SMS services.

I'd really suggest using up your existing credit before changing rate plans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Predaking
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Dan. I should have stated in my initial post that it was “MyCredit” of $140. Can I then use MyCredit to purchase an Optus Prepaid Data Global Roaming - $20 for 10GB while on the Long Expiry Plan or after I transfer to a different prepaid plan?
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, I see. 

I'll reach out to the product team and get some clarification.

On the Epic data plan, My Credit is now referred to as "Extras Credit."

I'll send through an update shortly 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, I've received some info from product.

Extra credit is available on $30 + Epic Data recharges and is a standard plan inclusion. This credit can be used for international calls and messages roaming and selected premium SMS services.

My Credit is treated as a pay as you go credit and every time you us a feature it deducts from your balance.

The two are completely separate. Your My Credit will transfer across, but it won't be of much benefit on the new plan.

In short, you will not be able use your My Credit to purchase international calling/roaming packs.

0 Kudos