Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mowgli
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Cases in app

I have an open case, however when I log in to the app and click Help then click My Cases I just get a blank screen. Is there a way to see My Cases from desktop? The case manager keeps replying via the app but I can't view the replies or answer them. I tried asking in live chat if there was another way to see the messages however was fobbed off that I would be contacted today (I have been, but only via the app!) I've tried force quitting the app, clearing the cache, even restarting the phone, all the usual ideas but still can't see anything in the My Cases screen.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: My Cases in app

Hey there @mowgli. At this stage, active case's can only be managed via the My Optus app, unfortunately. If you are needing some further support on your case, I recommend getting touch with our teams on Facebook or Twitter, as they will be happy to try and assist you on this matter further from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@mowgliSounds like you are getting the run around. I would suggest making a formal complaint via the Optus web site using the following page:

https://www.optus.com.au/support/feedback-and-complaints/make-a-complaint

mowgli
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is there any way to make the cases show up in the app then? I mean, they should - isn't that the whole point?
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

If you are signed into the My Optus app with you My Account, you will be able to view your cases from there, @mowgli. If you having troubles with your My Account login, reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter, and our team will be happy to try and assist you on this matter further from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

David113
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You are not alone. I also get a blank screen for My Cases. I have found I can see the messages and respond if I open the (blank) page in a browser.

David113
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I was to log out and in again. Seems to work, but only once. Have to log out and in again every time!

Jono_YC

Hi @David113 it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with the My Optus App.

To ensure your app is working as it should, we recommend:

- making sure its updated to the latest software version in the App/Google Play store

- uninstalling and then re-installing the app altogether.

If issues still persist after this, it’s best to then clear the App cache. To do this:

For Android : Perform clear cache and clear all data under Apps Manager. Then uninstall and reinstall the My Optus App.

For iPhone : In the iPhone notepad type spring://clear and then click on that link, then uninstall the app, restart the phone and then reinstall My Optus app.

This should hopefully get you up and running also giving you full access to all the My Optus App features. You should be able to chat to our team once you’ve followed these steps.

David113
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have done everything you suggested. The only 'solution' which seems to work every time is to log out and then in again. Obviously should not have to do that.
Jono_YC

Thanks for trying that, @eeva

If you still need a hand, please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

0 Kudos