Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

My 24 month contract is about to end - want to switch to a sim only plan

Hi all, my 24 month contract plan (phone included as part of contract) will end in 26th April 2020.

I am planning to exit the contract following the end of 26 April 2020.

I have already bought a phone outright externally and I'm planning to change to a sim only plan with Optus and want to retain my mobile number.

How do I do this without being charged unnecessarily for anything else.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: My 24 month contract is about to end - want to switch to a sim only plan

By default your Optus plan just defaults to the same plan as month to month (less any phone payment costs which could be by $0 to $40 a month). Then just pick an Optus SIM only plan you like online and you will be able note the service you want to apply it to.

Since its the last month if you want to contact Optus and get a payout figure (which will likely just be the last phone payment) and arrange the new plan all at once you can do that. However there are waits ATM

What SIM only plan were you looking at?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: My 24 month contract is about to end - want to switch to a sim only plan

The best way is to wait till around 12th April to contact customer service to request the change. This way you wont be automatically renew another month of post pay. Saying that, worth contacting Optus customer service and see if they will let you do this earlier without incurring any fee.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy