cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mt Tassie (Vic) Frequency

Hello

My closest tower is Mt Tassie I know it has Band 28 active but I see some websites say Band 3(1800MHz) is active there while others say proposed. Could you tell me if it is active yet as I have not been able to connect to that band yet.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Mt Tassie (Vic) Frequency

Hi @herbie6001, at the moment 4G 1800 Mhz frequency is not active at this tower. The forecast date is 31/01/20 however this is subject to change.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cheers @Kartika  That explains why I was not getting anything while walking all around my paddock. Was that forecast date meant to be 31/01/21 not 31/01/20? or is it just delayed from forecast?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry @herbie6001, that date was meant to be 31/10/20. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@herbie6001Instead of asking Optus you can use the "Aus tower" app on your phone to see where the towers are near you and what bands they have on them.

If you want to use a PC/MAC then you can search for towers near you on the following web site:

https://www.rfnsa.com.au

If you use these from time to time to check what bands are active as the Optus install date may change.

If you are using a Hauwai 4G modem check out the following app to see what the modem wireless stats are:

https://ltehmonitor.github.io

You can also have a look at the following thread for examples of the app and one for the phone:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Is-it-possible-to-Telnet-into-either-the-B525-or-B818-that-O...

Hope this is of some use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@AndrewC1  Yeah I used those thats why I asked the question as Aus Tower app had it as 1800MHz being active where RFNSA was saying proposed. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors