Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Mpbs vs Mbps

Protocol101

Why is the Optus website riddled with "Mpbs"? Shouldn't it be "Mbps"?

Here is just one example...

On webpage https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/sim-only which I viewed today, 23 Jan 2019 at 15:00, it states:

"Stream SD Video up to 1.5Mpbs."

Re: Mpbs vs Mbps

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

I have seen many errors and omissions over the years and that one would have to be a typical typo that I have probably done myself. Maybe they were thinking of pixels instead of bytes when they wrote up the specs. Smiley Happy

Edit: ... or should I say bits rather than bytes.  Smiley LOL

Protocol101

Agreed, Yeldarb. I’ve done it myself.

But what is this Optus lot like? You’d hope they might try to get it right since data is part of their core business. And it’s not just once or twice. Readers will note that there are numerous instances of this. Telstra somehow manages to get it right every time. The optic of Optus getting a key acronym wrong is probably only something a PR person worries about. And me it would seem.

I challenge Optus to pass their website through a word processor and run a spell check.

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Ah yes the word processor challenge would be interesting. I think half the issues are caused by the amount of times they are changing it and I don't think there is anyone doing the proof reading afterwards.  I actually find the whole site design to be that dysfunctional that I often miss better deals. This new dreaded leasing rubbish now has me double checking everything as I never know if I am leasing it or buying it. Anyhow I do agree that technical specification should be accurate and maybe they need to employ someone to check over their work.

Protocol101

Maybe Optus could ask someone at Telstra to give a hand?

Yeldarb

To be perfectly honest I don't think the Telstra main site is much chop either. I think their forum layout sucks compared to Optus.

Protocol101

With letters flying left and right, it has just occurred to me that you are probably Bradley. I'm Trebor.

Yeldarb

Well done, have a cigar Smiley Very Happy

Protocol101

Puff, puff. Thank you.

burlity

Why is the Optus website riddled with "Mpbs"? Shouldn't it be "Mbps"?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos