Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor emmsco
New Contributor

Motto 24/7 and yes.

Wow what a rubbish service and rubbish customer service , optus has just confirmed for me i need to find a new provider.
24/ 7 support ???, nope.
Yes motto should be no , because there is NO way to get in contact with them.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Motto 24/7 and yes.

So what is the actual issue?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
New Contributor emmsco
New Contributor

Recieved a text saying service restricted, restricted i would assume means i cant make calls or use internet, yes i get that and understand as im late with my bill, so i pay my bill at 3:45pm, still service not restored.
So i try to call (optus numbers) to resolve.
Cant call because im restricted, not even an optus number, cant use the app because im restricted.
Ok so i get home,phone connects to my wifi i see an email , someone tried to call me today and they got the message my phone is disconnected, yet the text from optus i got says "restricted" .
Never got a warning never got an email or a text saying i would be disconnected.
So i spend over an hour at home trying to get in contact with optus thru every channel possible, chat , messenger etc.
Oh yeah and the 10 times i tried to only to get thru twice one call i got thru and i was able to describe my issue once i finshed they hung up, the next time i got thru i heard muffled noises like someone had their hand over mic or handset, then i heard laughing loudly then got cutoff.
Questions are in middle of my comment, i doubt you can help, so if you cant offer anything sensible or a resolve, then please don't bother .
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi emmsco,

Disappointing to hear about your experience.

You should receive some form of communication indicating that your service may be restricted if you have an overdue bill(s), it may depend if you've opted out of them. Your monthly bill also has a warning on the front page if there is an overdue amount that restrictions may occur and to please pay this now or contact Optus to make an arrangement.

If you're unable to make contact over the phone, there are other ways to get in touch with Optus directly.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor emmsco
New Contributor

Hi
There is a major difference between restricting a service and disconnecting a service and since i have read everything on the optus website regarding restrictions.
There is nowhere where it says my service will be disconnected.
Which is what happened , after speaking to an optus representative and having her argue with me over the phone telling me that they didnt disconnect me.
If that was the case then why did i recieve an email from someone once i arrived home and connected to my wifi, this person telling me they tried to call me and they recieved a message saying my phone was disconnected and why did my locksmith call me on the day i had my service restored and tell me he called me the day before saying he got the same message when he tried to call me ?.
Im tired of arguing with optus employees ,
Nowhere on your website does it state during restrictions i cannot recieve incoming calls, so yes you did disconnect me and further more ive not recieved an invoice for anything ive paid either.
So don't tell me i wasn't disconnected completely when i know i was and i have emails from people saying i was.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors