cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Mobile services unable to call Telstra Landlines and Mobiles in NSW

The Optus Mobile networks team is continuing to track an issue impacting some mobile services unable to call Telstra Landlines and Mobiles in NSW.

Outage Commencement

16-APR-2019 11:54

ETR

-

Update Details

• Telstra switching fault found to be cause of the issue
  • Both Optus and Telstra working to re-route traffic through alternate switching
  • Telstra to continue to troubleshoot fault after replacement hardware failed to resolve issue.
  • Next milestone update will be in the AM of 18/04/2019.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Mobile services unable to call Telstra Landlines and Mobiles in NSW

@Ray_YC did you forget to pay the bill again?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Update Details

• Re-routing of network traffic was successful and completed by 6pm AEST 17/04/2019
  • Telstra are expecting replacement hardware delivery 11:30AEST 18/04/2019
  • Network fault report remaining open for repairs and network performance monitoring 
  • Next milestone update will be within the next 8 hours or earlier if the issue is resolved.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Jeneral__Pain You got me, too focused on Hot Cross Buns at the moment! 🤤 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Resolved 19/4/2019:

Resolve Details

• Outgoing calls towards Telstra Port Macquarie were impacted by the outage.
  • The issue was resolved by Telstra confirmed Transmission card failure in their network.
  • All OB/OW services restored after Telstra replaced their card at transmission node
  • All services are restored and stable

0 Kudos
Top Contributors