cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor TomObs
Occasional Contributor

Mobile port in request from Telstra still not working after 3 days - Please help.

Hi I ported from Telstra prepaid to Optus prepaid over 3 days ago and I'm still not yet active. Everytime I call or live chat to ask, I'm simply told to wait another 24 to 48 hours with no explanation. This is repeated everytime I call and no-one is able to tell me why my port is stuck. When the initial port in request was submitted over 3 days ago, I received port out notification immediately from Telstra and received an email from Optus advising it would take between 15 mins and 4 hours up to 24 hours. I've been told it's not a Telstra problem and something is wrong on the Optus side, but no-one is able to tell what is wrong or why.

I'm now stuck. Don't want to risk losing my number by cancelling the port in request or trying to port to another carrier instead. Is there anything I can do? I just wish someone would be able to tell me what the problem is or why it is taking so long.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Mobile port in request from Telstra still not working after 3 days - Please help.

Can people still call you on your Telstra sim? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mobile port in request from Telstra still not working after 3 days - Please help.

Yes I can still receive calls on my Telstra sim.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Thats at least something - so port has not commenced.

Prepaid is normally quick - at a guess it could be the optus side with an issue (although telstra has no say in the loss of your servuce besides the date if birth etc being correct)

I unfortunately dont have a solution for this besides waiting. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for trying to help. As previously stated, just wished Optus had better communications as to what the problem is rather than the standard "wait 24 hours" everytime I check the port in progress.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Update: I called again today. Was told it will take another 3 to 5 working days to resolve which is unbelievable but at least it is different from the usual 24 hours. They were still not able to tell me what is wrong or why it is stuck. I asked about cancelling the port in request, but was told that if I did this, I would be disconnected from both Optus and Telstra so I declined for fear of losing my number. I asked about buying another Optus sim but was told it wouldn't help my situation at all. So looks like Optus has my mobile number hostage and there is nothing I can do. Ended up buying a Vodafone data sim while I was at the shops. At least now I've got data (via 3g router) and people are still able to call my Telstra sim. Really dissappointing experience so far...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

My Optus service suddenly started working today at 10:30PM. I haven't called or checked my progress since my last update. I had given up and was just using data from the 4G router. All up, it has taken pretty much 6 days from activation until it started working. Thanks everyone for your help.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors