Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Mobile phone number question.

mooksii

Hi. I'm not sure if this is a question that I can ask here. I'm selling something online and long story short think the buyer is scamming me. They have given me a mobile phone number but when I do a reverse search on that number it comes up with no data. Is that normal? 

Solution

Re: Mobile phone number question.

Xenomorph

Hi!

Well, if its saying NO DATA, you might want to try calling it on a later time.

If the number is valid and active there should be no problem contacting it.

If you are using prepaid, have you double check your balance already?

Are you able to make phone calls to other numbers?

If not, then the issue might be with your service.

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

mooksii

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I do have a prepaid mobile but everything is up to date and there's no problem with that side of things. I was able to send a text to the number the buyer gave me and they replied. So perhaps things are legit. Online scammers are very clever these days. I'll find out tomorrow if things are above board as I will be seeing them in person. They did ask for my paypal address to make a deposit but I declined and insisted on payment in person as per the guidelines of the site I'm selling on.  I thought it better to be safe than sorry and do some research regarding the possibility of fraud mobile phone numbers. Thanks for your input. 

Xenomorph

Goodluck! Smiley Very Happy

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
34 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos