Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
abbiecat18
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mobile phone not connected to network

I have waited for 11  days for OPTUS to connect my mobile phone, I purchased a prepaid plan and it only took them a couple of days to take the money out of my account but they seem unable to connect me to their network, what is going on. It does not take long to port my connection from Westnet to Optus as I wanted to keep my same number. How can I get some action from them ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Mobile phone not connected to network

Hey @abbiecat18,

Are you still up and running with Westnet or are you without any service at all? 

If you haven't already, I'd try our Social Media service team. You can find them on our Facebook or Twitter page.

The guys do have a point of escalation for these sorts of enquiries. They won't be able to respond right away, they'll get back to you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
abbiecat18
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mobile phone not connected to network

No my contract with Westnet is now cancelled and for the last 11 days have been without a mobile phone connection.    I do not seem to be able to contact anybody from Optus to ask why they have not "ported" me over from my previous provider. This seems to be a simple task, so I do not understand why there should be such a long delay.

0 Kudos