Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
abbiecat18
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mobile phone not connected to Optus network

I have now waited 15 days for Optus to connect my mobile phone to their network, I notice on the prepaid plan I purchased it states it must be activated within 30 days, what can I do if Optus does not do their bit ?.

It is like being sold a car without wheels, if they are unable or unwilling to support the plans they sell, they should not sell them, looks like it will end with the Fair Trading Commission I suppose. 

We are both well over 70 years of age and rely on a phone when away from home, it is all very frustrating to say the least.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Mobile phone not connected to Optus network

Hi Abbiecat18,

Just a heads up as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Or if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
abbiecat18
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mobile phone not connected to Optus network

Ray, have tried Facebook a couple of times with no success. Cannot get anyone from Optus to answer my phone or contact me, not very impressed, looks like I paid for nothing. Am going to the Optus shop to see if they are able to assist. I will keep persevering until I get some answers, that is if I do not pass away before hand ( hopefully only joking)

0 Kudos