Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Mobile phone delivery customer experience

I ordered a new phone on the Yes app and linked it to My Account, all in a proper way.

I got a text message with an order number made of 7 letters and 3 numbers (ANOW...001). A week later, no news.

I chatted with an Optus person on the web site, who passed me to someone else, and I learned that I also had an order number with 8 numbers (638....26), which was news to me. The chat was interrupted several times, so I gave up.

I then spotted "Tracking orders" on my account using the number I discovered and then realised there was a delivery issue 4 days before and that I should have called in!

Optus obviously has no way to communicate proactively with its customers... I then called at that 1300 number and after 25 minutes of waiting, found a very courteous agent (Lou) who told me there was an issue with the delivery address: Optus or Star Track had deleted the first two lines of a business address, containing floor and unit, leaving only building number and street address, not enough for a CBD address.

Lou then kindly corrected the address. When checking Star Track 2 days later, I realised they already sent the phone back to sender/Optus...which must now ask for a new delivery. One can hope Star Track will be inspired to call if they cannot find the addressee... 

Take out for Optus: lack of communication was appalling (no proactive messaging when issue arose - no single reference number to easily track delivery (I received another code)- Star Track did not help when they simply returned to sender.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mobile phone delivery customer experience

Yep... you're right. I'm told my number was placed in the list to receive an SMS notification when the phone I enquired about was available for pre-order or when available on the website.

The phone is out now through Optus and I'm still waiting to receive my SMS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Update: Star Track now reports this order as delivered, but it was not delivered to us! Most probably delivered back to sender (Optus). So I will need to ensure it is sent again...not really keen to wait an extra 30 minutes on the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

After a few more chats, the iPhone was redelivered and reached me today, Dec 12. It was ordered on Nov 23. 

I learned that new phones cannnot be deposited within an Optus shop as "their stocks are different".

0 Kudos