Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Shaneox
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile number

Can I change my mobile number without having to pay out the rest of my plan and buy a new plan?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Mobile number

Apparently its possible but a little opaque. You have to go to LIVECHAT and ask.

Seems the main reason is if you are getting nuisance calls. If you were out of plan you could just do it any time so can't see why it would be an issue in a plan. Let us know how you get on.

Peter Gillespie

Shaneox
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply Peter. I got it sorted out in the end. I had been to the optus shop in BELMONT and was told I would have to buy out my plan and start afresh. I usually avoid this shop as I’ve never had satisfactory service. I rang optus and got talking to a lady called Cher in Manila and she was great. I had to pay $50 and she gave me a choice of 4 new numbers. 

So thanks again for your help. 

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

No problem. Ime it definitely pays to ask for a second Optus opinion if the first answer you get is not what you expect.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
DesiLen97
New Contributor
New Contributor

I would like to know how long have I had this number 0423719066 for can you reply back ASAP
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

This is a public forum. Not a help line. No one will answer you here. I suggest you edit your post to remove your private information. Currently Optus can't provide low priority support but you can try leave a message on the Optus mobile app