cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Nashy
Contributor

Mobile network tethering on Samsung galaxy S5

I am having difficulty logging onto my mobile network and tethering from my Samsung Galaxy S5. My laptop can see the phone connection name in the Wifi list and I am typing in the correct password for the connection, but I get the error message that it cannot connect. I have changed the name of the phone connection and password but it still does not work. I have also tried connecting to different laptops and Tabs but still get the same result.

Any suggestions to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mobile network tethering on Samsung galaxy S5

Try removing the name completely from your WiFi list then restart your laptop and try connecting again. Some older wireless cards do struggle with tethered connections. Have you reset the network connections at any stage or done a factory reset?

Contributor Nashy
Contributor

Thanks for the help. I mnaged to go to Configure  Mobile Hotspot  settings and changed the security from WPA2 PSK to Open. That worked but I didn't like the fact that the network was open so I changed it back again and for some reason that worked as well. So all is good. 🙂

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Great stuff Smiley Happy I have spent more time with an S5 than any other phone and the hotspot on mine has been brilliant. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors