Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SP_
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile network state is 'Disconnected'

Hi. I recently changed my prepaid plan from the Optus legacy prepaid to the Optus Prepaid Epic Value so that I can have access to data on my phone.

However, the Mobile data is not working. When I check the SIM card status is says 'Disconnected'.

I have tried restarting my phone. Taking the sim out to try another phone and still does not work. I used another sim in my phone to make sure my phone works and it does.

I have tried the troubleshooting steps from this link as well: https://devicehelp.optus.com.au/samsung/galaxy-s9-android-8-0/troubleshooting/connectivity/i-can-t-u... 

Can you please suggest what I can do to fix this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ness_YC

Re: Mobile network state is 'Disconnected'

Hey S_P, thank you for reaching out and for conducting those troubleshooting steps. That's strange. Are you able to make/receive calls and SMS messages using your service on the Prepaid Epic Value plan? 

If not, I would suggest visiting your closest Optus Store to arrange for a replacement SIM as it sounds like your SIM could be the issue. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

SP_
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ness_YC. Yes I am able to make/receive calls and SMS messages. My daughter did go to the Optus Store today and they gave her a replacement SIM. They told her I need to call to activate the replacement SIM. The rep on the phone said that a replacement SIM is not required and transferred me to the technical support team who was able to activate the data for me. Glad that is all fixed now.
Ness_YC

Fantastic, @S_P! I am glad that it is all sorted now. Thank you for your time and have a Happy New Year (just around the corner)! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.