cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile modems

Does Optus have a mobile modem similar to the Netgear Night Hawk M2

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Mobile modems

Morning @DnH, I would recommend having a look at our Modem Guides which will provide you with some more information and hardware settings for your consideration to compare.

I would also recommend having a chat to our Sales Team whom will be able to advise further- however I should set the expectations that not all modems can be purchased outright as some do require to be apart of a service plan. Our Sales Team are available over the phone at 133 937 as well as through our 24/7 Messenger service via the My Optus App

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@DnHThe short answer IMHO is NO.

The long answer is that the closest Optus sell is the AC800S, which has allot less features than the M2. Be aware that Optus data sims may NOT work in non optus branded modems. To see if sims will work in the M2 I would head on aver to whirlpool and do some searching and if it has not been answered then ask on what you think would be the most appropriate forum.

If you do get an AC800S grab some external antenna's from EBAY and check out the DC112A cradle to see if you want/need one when you are not traveling.

Be aware that the previous post from Optus mods is the standard QOS you will get!!!!!

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Mobile broadband plans are NOT locked to particular devices, only the 5/4g Home wireless broadband products are.

Nothing stopping you purchasing an unlocked device elsewhere as long as it supports the 4g bands Optus uses.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Andrew. We just changed from Telstra, after a lifetime with them, to Optus. I do have an M2 modem from Telstra and the Optus sim works fine in it so it is not locked to Telstra. Unfortunately it is starting to play up so I am looking for a replacement. It seems Telstra has the best ones tied up on plans. Very frustrating. 
Regards

Dennis

0 Kudos
Top Contributors