Searching...

Mobile

Mobile data

Dazthespaz

I was using up my data allowance and automatically getting charged another $10 for 1gb. I rang optus to tell them i dont want that. I dont want to automatically get charged. But apparently they cant stop that. So i set my phone to automatically turn mobile data off when my limit is reached. The problem is i can watch netflix data free but it still counts as data on my phone so it will always be out. I just had mobile data turned off on my phone and just got a message ive been automatically charged again. How can that be? I even have a screen shot to prove it. How do i stop this? 

Re: Mobile data

Toomey

Hey @Dazthespaz, automatic data top ups will be a part of your plan and the only way to avoid them is to restrict your data usage when the cap is reached. This will be mentioned in the terms and conditions of your plan which can be checked online here → Optus Plans Critical Information Summary.

The only plans that don't include these would be prepaid where your data stops working automatically when exhausted and you have to pay before getting more → Optus Prepaid Mobile Plans

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Dazthespaz

Thats the thing. I have the optus app and when it said i have 186mb left i did turn mobile data off and still got automatically charged. I even set my phone to automatically turn mobile data off when my limit is reached but like i said netflix and things that i get data free still counts as data on my phone so its nowhere near accurate. For example ill set my phone to turn data off at 5gb and watch 5gb of netflix phone will turn data off but because i get free streaming i still have 5bg data left at optus. Im just deciding weather to pay out my contract and sell my phone which will cover it and try go on the new unlimited data plan which will cost me the same per month then i wont have to worry about getting automaticly charged. 

Toomey

It's important to note that usage can take up to 24 - 48 hours to update in the My Optus App. Your SMS updates will always come through first so I always advise disabling your data when the 85% warning comes through and then use what's left sparingly. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Overcharged123

Optus please be honest and let us block the additional data and its fees. If don't won't to listen we will just leave.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
130 Kudos
125 Kudos
100 Kudos
82 Kudos
56 Kudos