Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Mobile always displays "Unknown" caller ID

KenKthulhu

Yes. I have been to the dashboard. I have enabled everything and disabled everything, over and over.

I have been to the page that says:

WHAT WILL MOBILE CALLER ID SHOW ME?

Caller ID will display the caller's full national phone or mobile number on your handset, unless the call originates from...

But there is absolutely no instructions! except the next section...

HOW TO TURN MOBILE PHONE CALLER ID ON OR OFF

Caller ID is normally active by default, unless you've requested for it to be switched off. You can check or change your Caller ID setting in My Account, steps are available below.

But the steps are for TURNING ON MY OWN caller ID - not the incoming ID. 

So my ID is ON - no doubt about it.

Then I chatted to the support team - and after changing settings 2 times and finding their solution doesn't work, they said they fixed it, and I must wait four hours for it to stick. They even said "And I can assure you it will work Smiley Happy" I restarted my phone and guess what --- Unknown.

I work in a support job, and get calls all the time. I need to know what number is calling so I can filter to the correct teams.

This is ridiculous.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - and prepaid.

I hear another phone company lets me turn it on with a SMS code .

Can Optus help me?

Re: Mobile always displays "Unknown" caller ID

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

This has been a known issue for some time and as I understand it the Caller ID feature in the My Account Portal only affects outgoing calls and subsequently should have nothing to do with the problem. I have suggested to many people with the same issue to contact support and from all reports the problem has been rectified. Might pay to have another word with support as I have often found it can take multiple calls to support to get things fixed.

Re: Mobile always displays "Unknown" caller ID

Nghi

This is very strange behaviour KenKthulhu Smiley Sad Just to confirm this is only affecting incoming calls to your mobile? When you dial out, the other party can see your number?

I agree with Yeldarb that our tech team can investigate this fault further on 131344 or live chat here.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
160 Kudos
150 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
84 Kudos