Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor jack0194
Occasional Contributor

Mobile Upgrade (damaged phone)

hey,

is it possible upgrade a phone if the screen is smashed? the phone is over 12 months old so it can be upgraded but with a smashed screen im not sure?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mobile Upgrade (damaged phone)

I think the phone has to be in good working order and a smashed screen would not qualify I would say. Depending on the value of the phone it might be worth repairing. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor jack0194
Occasional Contributor

Just one other quick question. If the contract was actually due to be renewed. Would a smashed screen make a difference if you went to renew the contract and upgrade the phone? 

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Hey @jack0194 - that depends what kind of plan you're on. If you're on a normal 24-month postpaid contract, you'll be able to re-contract onto a new phone with a new handset at the end of your current contract.

If you're on a Flex/Lease plan, you'll need to return your device to us.

If you want us to check what your options are, feel free to shoot me a private message with this info (for privacy reasons):

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Full name: 
Date of birth: 
Account/Phone number:

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors