cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile Sims with unlimited International Roam

Hello

I want to know if I can divert my Telstra mobile number to my husbands Optus Mobile Number which has unlimited roaming whilst we are travelling, so I can get calls to my husbands Optus phone and avoid having to pay for international roaming on my telstra number?

I am assuming i will only pay the diversion charges locally from aussie telstra number to aussie optus number,even though the Optus sim will be roaming.

is this correct?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Mobile Sims with unlimited International Roam

You can do that no problems. You won't receive any texts sent to your Telstra number though.

Also, what plan is your husband on? I've never heard of an Optus plan with unlimited roaming, you might have to check that to be safe

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We do have the $105 and $125 My Plan Plus (July - November 2019)

Standard roaming calls and SMS for use whilst overseas (zone 1 only😞 Unlimited 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

He is on a sim only plan of $59 a month.

thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

my husband has the $59 sim only plan and that seems to have the unlimited international roaming as well.

unless i am wrong.

do you agree with SamSam  post that diversions will work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Oh my bad, when I think of roaming I think of data. I do remember the SIM only plans with 1GB or 2GB of roaming data included but unlimited calls/text between the zone 1 country and Aus. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

spot on, data is not so good 2gb

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ultimately you're asking if the diversion will work from a Telstra service which we're not in a position to confirm but yes as SamSam advised there should be no issue tanwhi. 

Safe travels 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors