Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Melbournemelb
New Contributor

Mobile Roaming Usage

Hi Team,

I am an on a BYO plan that includes 4GB of roaming data. When I travelled overseas in May this year I was able to see my roaming data usage in the iOS Optus app.

However, I have noticed I can no longer see my roaming data usage in the iOS app or through the Optus website.

How do I go about checking my roaming data usage? I don’t want to come back to massive Bill shock due to the fact that I am not able to monitor my usage. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Mobile Roaming Usage

Roaming data can take a little while to be reported back to Optus. And as you've noticed there's no way to avoid going over by accident even with travel packs or free roaming data. That said, 4Gb is a generous inclusion.

Someone might know the specific answer to your question but as an alternative at this stage, when you leave the country I suggest  you just reset your phones local data usage counter. Unfortunately Apple also seem to believe giving users the ability to control data usage is not a priority so you only have a basic counter that you need to reset manually (Android allows you to put in warning and cutoff limits and auto resets each month). But that should be enough for you to monitor your data usage while away as everything is charged for while roaming (and will always be 100% accurate and up to date.)

Peter Gillespie

Travel Tip: Download local copies of Google maps for the cities you are going to.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Mobile Roaming Usage

Hi there Melbournemelb,

Customers can still definitely track their usage whilst roaming.

Not sure if you mean you can no longer see your previous usage from May's trip or you're currently overseas now and can't see your usage? Both?

If you need further help with this, please Chat with us.

Safe travels!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors