Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Mobile Phone Plan Approval/Delivery Timeframe

Sandra420

Hi,

I placed a order yesterday at 12PM for the Samsung S9+ on a plan, it will be a Sydney Metro delivery. 

The Optus website says that metropolitan orders placed before 12PM are eligible for next day delivery.

It has been over 24 hours and other than a temporary order number I have not even received approval for the plan let alone a next day delivery... 

Has anyone ordered a phone online with Optus before? Is this normal?

When you go into a store you get approved/declined immediately and have the phone within hours so although I know it's only been 24 hours since I put the order in, I feel I should at least know if it's approved/denied by now. 

Thanks for your help !!

Re: Mobile Phone Plan Approval/Delivery Timeframe

JulZz

Hi, 

I too placed an order for the S9+ on a plan yesterday and have not received word on anything apart from the temporary order number. Hoping to get one soon.

Do tell if you get an update.

Sandra420

Thanks for that. I was a little worried as a saw a lot of forum posts where online orders never went through so its reassuring to know someone else is waiting too Smiley Happy

Solution

Dan_C

@JulZz, I passed ona bit of info to @Sandra420. If you're interested, it's worth a read.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Apple/Online-order-promised-1-to-3-days-delivery-but-order/m-p/4280...

Shout out if you have any questions, I'm happy to help out Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

inspi

same with me. I have placed an order for S8. Can you please confirm, if not I will walkin the store to grab one rather than wait too long for delivery I just have temp order number as of now. TIA

Shauna

Hey @inspi - how long ago did you place the order? Can you please PM me with your Temp order number, full name and DOB? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

inspi

@Shauna temporary order number is OP1526607360351. Appreciate your help.

Sandra420

I received a confirmation for my order today and optus decided to change the delivery address to my billing address where no one will be home to sign forcing me to take a day off from work and collect no doubt.. 

Kind of made the whole online ordering process completely pointless! 

Dan_C

Hi @inspi, I've replied back to your private message. I just need to confirm a couple of more details for privacy/security reasons.

Once your application has been approved, you'll receive a confirmed tracking reference beginning with the number 5 or 6. You might also receive an order number ending in the letter A.

If the order hasn't made it through to this stage, you'd still be able to cancel the order and place a new order via another sales channel i.e. Live Chat or Retail. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Roebuck

Good Luck. I ordered an ipad last week. 6 days and hours on the phone later, I cancelled the order.

I spoke to 9 seperate people. 2 couldn't even find my order despite being given an order number.

Twice  I was lied to and told the order had been shipped, I was hung  up on twice. I spent HOURS on hold ( avergae wait time for a call was about 30 minutes).

Plus I am an existing OPTUS Customer ( but not for much longer!!)

. It's not worth the effort. I have a day off today so I'm off into town to the Telstra shop.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos