cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Spottydog
Occasional Contributor

Mobile Phone Delivery

I will try and keep this courteous and polite - which is incredibly difficult given the level of my frustration! Prior to ordering an iPhone 7 online I confirmed with Optus that stock was available and was told YES. I ordered and was given a delivery date of 3-4 business days. I also received an email confirmation of the order. And that's where the service stopped. The phone still hasn't arrived, Optus now say there's no stock and have give 4 different delivery dates. At no time have they contacted me via email/phone to advise a delay - I have had to contact them which is a ridiculously difficult exercise. I have lodged a complaint, and was told the supervisor would call me back in 30 min......no phone call. Optus - your customer service is non-existent, your customer service agents not only provide false information but actually outright lie. It's a disgrace and you should be ashamed of your pathetic attempt at customer service. I have no working mobile phone and no date as to when my new phone will arrive.
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mobile Phone Delivery

I was actually wondering about that the other day if Optus deliberately take on orders when they know they don't have stock. I guess given they know many people will simply go elsewhere I do think it would be a sales driven lie but a lie nonetheless.

I guess you have 2 options. You can call them out and cancel the order or wait until they have stock.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Always a possibility at any company @Yeldarb. I'd be more inclined to believe the computer shows stock but the reality is subsequently found to be otherwise. I think a lot of people have difficulty cancelling. If it was just the phone then that's one thing, but it is often connected to a plan. Getting hold of someone to cancel would probably be hard, and it would seem likely you're phone will probably turn up anyway 1-14 days later.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have said it once before that I find it incomprehensible in the modern computer age that Optus sales would not know if they had stock or not. In the case of a popular line item I can appreciate that Optus can get caught out by either under ordering or supplier issues however they would still know the current stock level as it would be zero...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Exactly - how Optus can claim that they were unaware they had no stock is beyond me??  I understand that sometimes despite every best effort, a company misjudges the popularity of an item and runs out of stock - I would have had no issue had Optus been honest and upfront about having no stock at the time of order.  If they told the truth before I placed the order I could have then made an informed decision about whether I wanted to continue with the order.  But lying, and then trying to brazen their way through the situation with false information, false promises and false delivery dates is extremely poor form and downright rude to customers.

Occasional Contributor

I purchased the new phone and recontracted to a new plan.  After 2 weeks of continued 'misinformation' (aka downright lies) about delivery dates, etc I said I wanted to cancel the order and the plan.  I was then told that I could cancel the phone order but not the new plan as I had recontracted for 2 years......but they could provide an iPhone 8 immediately however it would mean upgrading to a different plan at a cost of a further $50.  Sure, yes I'd love to do that and I definitely believe you when you say the iPhone 8 will be available 'immediately'.   Really Optus....you might call this customer service but I think it is more accurately described as customer scamming.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I guess it's  up to you what you want to do. Hold out for the iPhone 7 or cancel everything. I wish I could tell you that telling them jam their contract and phone would make a difference to how they do business but it won't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor bunney_nelson
New Contributor

Oh my gosh I'm going through the exact same thing at the moment. 

I still haven't received (or heard) anything useful about my order for 4+ weeks, despite several live chats. 

Today I was going to run into store to cancel my order and just buy a phone outright (it'll be cheaper anyway because my current plan, which is onky 35% of the price they want me to pay for a plan not too dissimilar to my current one that I'm happy with) .....though I just found that my nearest Optus shop is CLOSED today. 

I should've known to check what was going to go wrong today BEFORE I got out of my pj's and put make up on, because dealing with Optus it was bound to happen - I just didn't know what the issue was going to be with Optus today. 

It's always a surprise with Optus. Luck of the drawer...you're expecting one thing and BAM! You get slammed from the side with a problem you didn't even know could happen.. but of course - Optus will help you get to know all possible stuff arounds that one company can stick you with, BEFORE you get anywhere with them. It's like a frikken initiation process. If you survive all the carnage and STILL choose to be their customer - well, actually...nothing. There is no prize. They don't care nor recognise your loyalty. 

Ive been a customer for 18-19yrs with the same phone number with Optus and I STILL get completely screwed anytime. no, EVERY time I have to contact Optus. 

The website sucks and is SO laggy (or is that just my shitty phone internet or wifi (both with Optus) so no matter)

PLUS the APP is just so hopeless that I have given up using it. I've resigned to the fact that is no longer exists in my life. 

I'm just HOPING WITH ALL MY HEART, that by the time I get in-store on Tuesday - that I don't have the same situation with you and have them say that I am already STUCK ON THAT CONTRACT and TIED TO THAT PHONE. 

I WANT OUT!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

bunney_nelson Oh My Gosh - SNAP BLOODY SNAP!!  Exactly my thoughts and experiences - there is seriously no reward for being loyal to Optus and the phone customer service is like an extremely bad merry-go-round you just can't get off!  I did find out something interesting when speaking to my local store - they said that if I had been a new customer they could match the online deal in store, but as I'm an existing customer (15+ years) then they can't help me.  Even more frustrating is the fact that they had iPhone 7 in stock which is the phone I'm waiting on!!!  Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.  YES Optus, you are definitely kicking goals at the moment....oh hang on, I think that's my face you're kicking!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors