Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Turnerve
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile Phone Data Connection Issues

Hello everybody! Is anyone else having a hard time getting a good connection to the internet on their mobile phones within Victoria? Over the past 2-3 weeks, the data connections have been shocking, and that's not just mine but a fair few people I have spoken to in my travels. Pages like Facebook & Hotmail are taking quite some time to load and apps like Spotify and Youtube and loading/playing short 2-3 snippets, then pausing, then loading, then playing 2-3 seconds, then pausing, then loading! It's quite frustrating and as I mentioned, it seems to be happening to quite a few people, and they are all starting to string Optus together in a sentence with a bunch of bad words. 😡

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aman_B

Re: Mobile Phone Data Connection Issues

Hi @ Turnerve - Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Could you please confirm if you have tried restarting your handset and if yes then please turn off mobile network from settings and then turn it on again. This should refresh your SIM signal. Please let us know  if this helps. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Turnerve
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Aman,

I have literally tried everything possible to resolve the issue, including factory resetting my phone multiple times and only installing crucial updates and zero apps, but nothing fixes the issue! It seems to be ever since I switched from 12 years of Optus prepaid to an Optus Plan that the issue with data speeds started! And not sure if it's a coincendance but I'm currently sitting here with a friend who lives in Swan Hill and another who lives in Bendigo and they are both having the same problem with their data speeds over the past month or so! Is there somewhere I can send a recorded screen capture video to so you can see just how long everything takes to load? My phone is almost always sitting on 2 bars of service and drops down to 1 - no service quite frequently, it makes getting anything done online lots of work dude 😢

0 Kudos
Wesley-J

Can definitely see how frustrating that would be, Turnerve. You've performed most of the troubleshooting steps we usually recommend, have you also organise a sim replacement? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos