Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Mobile Network State disconnected

TonyG

I can't seem to make or receive calls.  When I try to make a call, the phone indicates that it is dialling but there is no sound. I went into the Settings of my Samsung Note 4 and I found an entry on the Status page that says :

Mobile network state

Disconnected

Any ideas of how I can reconnect? My Optus app shows that my bills have been paid up to date.

I can still send and receive SMS though.

Re: Mobile Network State disconnected

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Have you tried removing the sim and giving it a quick wipe then installing it again? If that does nothing you can try resetting the network connections.

Edit: I assume you have restarted the phone. Smiley Happy

TonyG

Hi Yeldarb,

I had already rebooted the phone a couple of times and I had removed the battery and Sim card.  I didn't wipe it though.

Anyway, after I got your message, I changed the network to 3G/2G and the phone worked.  I then changed it back to 4G/3G/2G and it still works.  So thanks a lot for your help. 

Solution

Yeldarb

Glad you got it to work. Cheers Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
avensis18

Can be a problem of sim, try to remove it from the rub a little and put it back, if nothing, if you have the opportunity to test it in another mobile or go to the shop to test and eventually change it.

Solution

Dan_C

Seeing as this threads seems to get an oddly high number of views each month, I'm just going to include a couple of handy links:

Optus Network outages - How to log your fault online

Check mobile coverage and navigating our Network Status page

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
172 Kudos
152 Kudos
119 Kudos
84 Kudos
81 Kudos