Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Mobile Hotspot

bisondesprairie

Good evening, 

I am visiting Australia for a few days and I bought a SIM card at the airport. Got it activated, works perfectly in my iPhone, in my iPad... but I can't get it to connect if I put it in my "4G T-mobile Hotspot" (unlocked of course, about 5 years old; it is a Huawei UMG587 model). It keeps trying to connect and then drops it. Do I need to enter special information liek APN, password, number?

Thank you all, 

Marc

Re: Mobile Hotspot

caaf

Hi there,

Normally devices pick up that info from the SIM when installed.

The APN’s you could try are..

yesinternet (normally for Mobile phone and suggest to try this one first)

connect (mobile broadband)

I wonder if it’s the frequency range of the device that holding it back?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Solution

Paddylee

Looked up the stats (pretty sure this is the device, they call it the Sonic 4g

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9679

Its not an actual 4g device, t-mobile like to advertise it is, but its still a 3g device.

Network

3G/4G Capable

Band I (UMTS 2100), Band II (1900), Band IV (1700/2100/AWS), Band V (850)

So out of that you only get Band 1 UTMS 2100Mhz (in metro areas this is being re-farmed from 3g to 4g so not a usefull device in Australia.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

bisondesprairie

Yes indeed, it is the « Sonic 4G ». I was afraid it would be an issue of that sort. 

Thank you for the help!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
155 Kudos
146 Kudos
111 Kudos
84 Kudos
83 Kudos