Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mobile Broadband Data Pooling Issues

Hello Crowd,

I'm hoping that someone from Optus reads these messages, as there online Live Chat service and Telephone service is the worse I have ever had to endure. I have given up trying to get my issue sorted via the above methods, so this is the last option before I terminate my two contracts.

The issue...

I have two (2) mobile broadband services, one that is older than the other. The most recent sercvice I added early last month based upon an assurnace from Optus sales is that I could link the two accounts and take advantage of data pooling, well this seems like a big ask, as to date, this is still not been done despite being assured it would be, so I am missing out on the advantages offered for data pooling which was the whole reason the second service was purchased.

So, Optus, please contact me to get this sorted or you will lose a customer. with two (2) services.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Mobile Broadband Data Pooling Issues

My guess that one is on the new billing system and the other is on the old billing system.

Not sure how that happens as I am still on the old billing system and sucessfully added another 140Gb plan over christmas to the account so I can share the data over 3 other mobiles on the same account.  A new account was not created at all, service was added to the existing account.

They have been migrating accounts recently so perhaps yours is on the list to move (front of hosue staff have no control over migrations at all).

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

It's due to their dinosaur plodding upgrade of the account system that will take the rest of the millenia. Your old account is on the jurassic system, and the new one is on the cretacious system that uses a different type of fossil mud to glue the data pooling together.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Agreed, I was told of that, but now when I log onto my account, the account number is different from the original new one, so I think its been migrated over already, just not linked...from what I gather.... none the ,less, this is there problem not mine, when I purchased my second account, I provided them with my existing account to link to, they said no issues... both account numbers look to be the same kind of format now.... this can't be hard. If this was gong to eb an issue, then I would expect as a minimum, that regardless of which account I use data on, that the total does not exceed 280 GB / month (2 x 140) then they would let it slide until they can fix it... I can see if I run one to 200GB and the other to say 50GB, they would sting me for going over on the first account by 60GB... 

0 Kudos