Searching...

Mobile

Mobile Broadband, Apple and Free Entertainment

redgumtv

Recently purchased Optus 50Gb mobile broadband for my laptop together with free entertainment package.

Will the free data apply to say, iView, when watching programs on my laptop?

Re: Mobile Broadband, Apple and Free Entertainment

Gen_R

Hey redgumtv - thanks for reaching out. The free TV streaming only applies to Tablet devices. As it's only for SD streaming when connecting via a TV or laptop any streamed services will come out of your 50GB. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

redgumtv

Hi, This certainly wasn't the respone given by my local Optus shop. They claimed mobile broadband is mobile broadband irrespective of the device it was used on. That's why it's mobile broadband.

Also, can't find any restrictions in the promotional material. That's why I asked the question.

Meg

Hey redgumtv, all the info we have states that you need to access directly from the App on Mobile or Tablet  - http://www.optus.com.au/shop/entertainment/tv-movies/mobile-tv-streaming  I'm sorry if you've received conflicting info. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

redgumtv

Hi Meg, I do have an app, Google Chrome app. I think Optus has been deceptive with their advertising, leaving out any reference to mobile phones/mobile data, just calling it mobile which of course represents both technologies.

And I must say it works well, it certainly fooled the manager of our local Optus shop. I did ask the question and their answer was in the afirmative because I bought the mobile data modem and SIM card on the basis of that answer then and there.

It's sad there is little honesty in sales. Maybe because we have been with Optus since 1992 or there abouts. Maybe because we have a number of Optus services, maybe because up until recently we were corporate clients your local manager wanted to help or maybe because they were fooled by Optus advertising. It's not hard to get the message out.

Highlighted

Meg

I’m really sorry that you’ve been ill advised by the store in this instance and we can certainly discuss you returning the mobile SIM and Broadband based on the info you’ve provided just send me your info via http://yesopt.us/pmmeg

I can absolutely assure you that all promotional info and setup details for this offer do explicitly state that access is via selected mobile phones or tablet plans and that you need to use the registered app - http://www.optus.com.au/shop/entertainment/tv-movies/mobile-tv-streaming 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
142 Kudos
126 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos