Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor kdtran81
New Contributor

Mobile Bonus Data

Hi

Yesterday, I changed mobile plan from $50 month-to-months to $40 12-months contract with additional 2GB of bonus data.

I looked in my account section; the 2GB bonus data have not been applied or any mention about it.

My question are:
1. How long will it take for the bonus data to applied to the plan?
2. Will Optus honour its promotion?

I tried to phone an Optus account support but stuck endless loop of self-serve.

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Mobile Bonus Data

Rate plan changes usually aren't applied until the next billing cycle, unless you specifically request for it to be back dated. Yes Optus will honour the promotion 🙂

-------------------

Loyal Optus customer. My opinions are my own.
0 Kudos
New Contributor kdtran81
New Contributor

Hi glenn0,

I can see the rate plan changed over night (mid billing cycle) and no bonus data applied which only runs for 12-months, that why I am questioning Optus honouring the online promotion or not. It doesn't make sense if the bonus data applied in second month onward (11-months total).

Anyway, thanks your reply I know you are not Optus reps.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @kdtran81, feel free to PM us your mobile number, full name, date of birth for ID and I'll can check this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor k_d_tran
New Contributor

Hi @Aman_B

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

You're welcome! If you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mlfish
New Contributor

Same thing happened with me. I spoke to heaps of your consultants via chat, they kept telling me the same thing (next billing cycle)... But apparently none of those chats were recorded (I think because no-one bothered to actually check my account so they're not logged against my account)

You're my ISP. This was an optus prepaid service that I upgraded to a plan. So you're welcome to search my browsing history which will show I chatted with you alot more times than your records show. 

If I wasn't effectively getting 3 GB I wouldn't have signed up.  

I was worried because you removed it from your website just after I applied.

Now my bill has come and the data hasn't been applied your consultant inferred that I was lying. 

Glad I'm not the only one this happened to! 

Can you please confirm what you can do? I've asked you guys so many times. I think I can probably find dates if you actually need them. 

Let me know

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @Mlfish - I can see one of our reps have responded to you on another thread. Would you be able to send through your account details, full name and DOB via PM? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Albano
New Contributor

Hi 

I have the same issue. Its been a battle just trying to inform optus service about their own products and offers. I signed up for a new plan and paying $89 a month. The initial promotion was that I was to recieve 10 Gb data in total 3Gb bonus data to the 7Gb normal data.

Never recieved any additional data! I signed up since mid last year

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Albano, we've had several bonus data promotional offers within the last year. Do you remember the rough date that you'd signed up for the plan?

You're welcome to send us a private message with your account details. I'm happy to follow this one up for you.

I'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. Click the URL below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors