cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Missing Phone after Warranty

I dropped off a S10 to be sent away under warranty because I believed it has some dead pixels. About 12 days after the phone was left at the Optus Store I received a delivery from Optus believing it was my phone being returned. I opened the package and realised that I was sent an S10+ and not my S10. The notes from the warranty people said phone returned unrepaired as no faults found. It seems no one has any idea on what has happened to my phone that was sent away for repairs. The different teams at Optus seem to keep handballing it on to different areas. It is starting to become frustrating not knowing what has happened to your phone.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Missing Phone after Warranty

Yes it is incompetence incarnate.

Any reason not to just keep the s10+ ?
Highlighted

Hi @Ash_D71
Thank you for raising this issue.
Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have no issues keeping the S10+ if the report that came with the phone had said that they were unable to fix my S10 and here is a replacement device. The report said the phone is being returned unrepaired. My question would then be then, is this S10+ that I have been sent belong to someone else who is waiting for it to be returned to them from repairs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The insurance people often sub in an alternate second hand phone. The record keeping does seem very prone to mistakes. If it is someone else's and they start asking about it then presumably they'll get given another one then.

You can try ringing the insurance claim number and enquiring but I suspect its going to be a lot of work on your part: 1300 300 937