cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Missing 25% discount on first bill

Sorry this doesn't make sense.

I just switched to Optus from another carrier, per the orignal poster's question this is my first bill.  I thought the whole point of billing me for the first month in advance as to avoid pro-rata issues like this?

@Paddylee's answer made sense and is the accepted solution, but was later contradicted by @Dan_C who seems to have some official connection to Optus?

Who/how do I PM?  You say "us", who does that refer to?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

There seems to be an ongoing issue with Optus not applying online discount offers to users contracts and bills  I signed up to a plan 25% discount and now the contract sent to  me is missing the discount.

I am still chasing this for resolution, there does not seem to be part of Optus responsible for this with phone calls going around in circles and ending with no answer.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've had the same issue and same problems as everyone else trying to contact optus and going around in circles. I put a post up a few days again and have been contacted by a moderator. Which I am about to reply to. The whole process from time of ordering to receiving the Sims and first bill has been extremely frustrating with countless issues experienced trying just contact someone at optus about it. It's a pretty bad reflection on optus that there is a forum for customers to try and help each other out to solve these issues. There is always the telecommunications ombudsman that can be complained to about these issues perhaps if more people did optus might actually address these issues and their customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @MaxS, discounts are prorated if applied mid bill cycle. Most other discounts we offer apply from the 2nd bill, however the terms and conditions for this particular offer state the discount will be applied on the first bill. Yes Crowd is a public form, however all moderators on Yes Crowd are our own Optus agents, such as @Dan_C. You can see who is a moderator by looking at the description next to the posters name. To send us a private message, please click on your name on the top right of the Yes Crowd page, from there, click on 'Messages' and then 'Compose new message'.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @TimJA, when submitting your order, did the order confirmation display the 25% discount? If you would like us to look into this for you, please send us a PM with your account details, full name and DOB for privacy. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The moderators keep saying "us", which I presume to mean moderators.  Who do I message?  Just any random moderator on Yes Crowd?

Why would discounts be applied mid-cycle to a new account? There is nothing to pro-rata, the first day of coverage on the bill was the day my service became active (14th Dec), and the period is for exactly one month.  Under "Included Shared Data" charges it says "Base plan in advance 14 Dec to 13 Jan".

My emailed order confirmation stated $40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM(Dec 17 Online Promo).

Under My Account > Dashboard > Your Service, this plan in question (my only Optus service) has under "Add Ons:" the "25% Access Disc"

My Critical Information Summary under My Account > Dashboard > Your Services is titled "$40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only ($30 Promo)".  Under "Minimum Terms" it states "It’s available on a 12 month contract. The minimum total cost is $360 over 12 months". Under "Minimum Monthly Charge" is states "$30 per month".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

From memory - if you message a moderator in yescrowd it goes to a shared "mailbox" where all the moderators can see.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry for the confusion @MaxS, if you send us a private message it just comes through to Optus and one of our Optus moderators will pick it up and respond. $40 My Plan Plus 12M SIM Only ($30 Promo) is the correct plan you should be on to receive the 25% discount. Happy to take a look if you can PM your details. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes the discount was displayed when I ordered it online, also confirmed the three times I called to sort it out.  For some reason it got stuck in the temporary order phase in your systems and did not progress to an actual order for some time.  Original order was the 18th December when the discount was available.  No one has disputed the order date or the available discounted plan.

I called three seperate times to resolve and was advised that only the "sales support" team could rectify and apply the discount .  However when transferred to the sales support team I remained on hold for between 40 and 100 minutes only to be dropped off with no answer.  This also occured through your online chat system - chat, call, transfer then no answer.

Happy to provide all my details if this helps resolve it.  I just want the plan I subscribed to to be propderly applied and not a more expensive one.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for confirming @TimJA - yes, if you'd like us to take a look please send me a private message 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors