cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor James98
Occasional Contributor

Misleading advertisement

I have a screenshot of an advertisment in the Optus app of a $40 for 40gb Sim only plan, upon requesting this package I'm told it's an error (I have a screenshot of that too). If I'm not wrong this is against Australian consumer laws, could an Optus employee refer me to policies covering misleading advertisments otherwise I want my Optus $40 plan as advertised.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor James98
Occasional Contributor

Re: Misleading advertisement

Screenshot_2019-08-12-18-56-14-22.jpgScreenshot_2019-08-12-19-04-47-85.jpg

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Misleading advertisement

Consumer laws are always a bit fuzzy. They seldom set hard fast rules. 

Optus seems to have updated its plans over the last 24 hours. That a few residule ads still exist on the internet / app is probably not enough to get you a deal that's been around for a while but is now expired. If you want to invoke consumer law then there is a process and court of arbitration you can have your say.

Looking at the new pricing its is very interesting. Optus have long priced themselves as a discount Telstra (and its been a damn good deal IMO.) But now the price difference is almost nothing. Optus seem to be saying game on. Be interesting to see how the public responds.

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors