Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Minimum Recharge Epic data plan

May I know what is the minimum recharge for epic data plan. I got the $30 epic data plan and it says I need to recharge to have my data roll over. It also says on my plan that there is 35gb up to the third recharge. And 10gb on succeeding recharges. I odnt know what this means. Any clarificaiton would be most helpful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Minimum Recharge Epic data plan

Prepaid plans always confuse me too (lots of hoop jumping seems to be needed)

The short answer is $30 in practice. You could do the $10 or $20 recharge and rollover data etc. but these recharges only last for less then a week so are very bad value IMO.

On the Epic data there are the following (useful) possible recharge amounts of

$30, $40, $50, $60, $70, $80 and $100

these usually give data for 28 days of:

10GB, 20GB, 30GB, 40GB, 45GB, 50GB and 60GB

You can recharge with any of these amounts each month and your old data will rollover as well (up to 200GB worth). The current promotion is only for plans $30 and higher - you will get 25GB bonus data if you recharge with any amount $30 or higher.

You can chose any amount each recharge (if its $30 or higher then it will get the 25GB bonus and last 28+ days). 

FWIW the $30, $40 $50 and $60 recharge amounts all provide data at around 90c per GB (with the bonus) - best bang for buck.

So you could go three recharges of $50 and get 165Gb in your account. After that switch down to $30 a month to keep rolling it over. Over 12 months that would mean a total cost of $450 and total data of 290GB (or 25GB for $38 a month on average).

Which doesn't strike me as amazing value but the great thing about prepaid is you can cut out any time so perhaps grab the $30 minimum each 28 days for just 4 months and then re-assess. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Minimum Recharge Epic data plan

Thank you peter! I was actually thinking of recharging for 10 dollars and see what happens... i was thinking if i did recharge 10 dollars before expiration date of my current plan, maybe i could carry it over for another month. But as you’ve said, thay only last for a week. So my rollover data might just end up expired for another week or so. So might do the 30 dollars recharge then.
0 Kudos