cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mia sphere

I have been charged for a service I have no idea about.What do I do ? Mia Sphere have charged me over $70 on my optus bills.I now understand it has something to do with some texts Ive been getting that I have ignored as they look dodgy.How can Optus allow this ??

I cant login to my Optus to change the amount for sms.I get an error message everytime I get to that page. I have sent a STOP message to the number on the text and got charged for that too!!

I dont know what to do.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Mia sphere

Hey Clazza. Services like these sometimes subscribe you through banners and advertising on your mobile. This can occur in apps or through your web browser. Unfortunately, you may have inadvertently accepted the subscription this way. Further information on these services can be found on our Website here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRequest&id=....

To help you out, we can lower your content spend limit to $0.00. This will prevent any further charges for these types of services and block the current subscription. In addition, we can also dispute each of the charges for you and put through a request that the content provider gives you a refund. If you would like us to assist in this way, please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth. Thank you!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

After calling Optus, I have been texted to tell me that all charges will be refunded within the next 2 bills.Im glad this is happenning, but Optus should review their decision to allow these companies to bill us through Optus at all .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

It's good to hear that you've been assisted with disputing the charges @clazza. If you have not received a refund by the time your next invoice is issued, please reach out and we'll be able to check the status of your dispute. Also, we understand your concern regarding the premium SMS system and we've recently made a commitment to cut ties with a number of third party content providers by January 31st. For more info you can check out our blog → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-our-Premium-Services-offering/ba-p/351928.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just recieved a txt msgfrom HTTP://au.mooda.mobi saying that I have just subcribed to a mobile account for 160 games and it cost me $6.99 a week. I have never subscribed to any games, so where did they get our numbers from and I hope i dont get charged for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @roadwarrior, thanks for reaching out. I've copied a response I'd posted from a similar thread. Hopefully it's of some use to you.

We do understand the concern and changes are being made in response to customer feedback. I'd suggest checking out the following threads.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobi. You'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.
  • We suggest paying the difference between your regular charge and premium content service charge. You will not be penalised whilst a dispute is in progress.

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors