Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Merging accounts is now overdue

Cortyman

Hi

On the 6th of March I called up Optus to have my mobile phone and wireless broadband merged so I could pay on a single account and share data between them. I received a confirmation text message that my request had been successfully submitted and to allow 7 to 10 days for it to happen. It has now been almost 15, and nothing.

I actually first made enquires in January, and February, and I have had to pay so far $4.40 in paper bills for my broadband since I got it, and fear I'll have go pay another $2.20 if I say nothing and leave it be.

My mobile phone has only 3GB of data to use. My broadband has 140GB. You can see how important it is that I want to share it. I have had to be extremely stingy on my data use with my phone so I don't go over my 3GB, which I shouldn't have to, because the option to merge exists, if only you actually end up doing it for me.

Can you please help me out with this. This is extremely frustrating.

Thanks,
Robert

Solution

Re: Merging accounts is now overdue

Toomey

Hi Robert, thanks for reaching out, not good to hear that you've been dealing with this merger for so long.

A common issue we see on the forum is that the 2 services may be in separate billing systems and unable to merge. If this is the case, a request should be raised to migrate one of the services to the new billing system so they can be consolidated.

I can check your account(s) on my end to see what's being done about this. Feel free to send me a private message with your service number(s), full name and DOB. I'll check it out and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Sean-E-Mac

Hi Robert - I've got the same issue - been stung a couple of times as well with $10 data packs being added. One a/c has 100GB and the other 15GB. Really want to share the data but was told I had to wait? Can you look into it if I PM details to you?

Thanks

Toomey

Hey @Sean-E-Mac, I can definitely look into this for you. Please follow the steps in my previous comment and I'll get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
107 Kudos
94 Kudos
83 Kudos
78 Kudos
42 Kudos