Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Merged account still attracting excess data charges

Jbly

Hi

I recently went to a store to merge my wife's account into mine so we could share my data. But since then she is still attracting excess data charges. I have contacted Click to Chat but they dont seem to have a clue. They have credited back the excess charges from March, and said they would put a note on the account so it doesnt happen again. Then today, my wife has gone through her allowance again, despite the fact that I have 50GB of data left, and attracted another $10 charge. Surely this isnt left to 'a note on the account'? There must be something in the set up thats not wrong -  I've contacted Optus 4 times now and still the same issue. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Its bizarre that they dont know how to handle basic stuff like this

Thanks

James

Re: Merged account still attracting excess data charges

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Hmm I thought the services had to be in the one name and on the same bill for data sharing. Did they mention anything about that? Definitely hit them up again for a refund if you haven't used all your data. 

They also have to be on eligible data share plans.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-shared-data-pools-work?requestType=NormalRequest&id...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
132 Kudos
128 Kudos
97 Kudos
89 Kudos
56 Kudos