cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Jbly
New Contributor

Merged account still attracting excess data charges

Hi

I recently went to a store to merge my wife's account into mine so we could share my data. But since then she is still attracting excess data charges. I have contacted Click to Chat but they dont seem to have a clue. They have credited back the excess charges from March, and said they would put a note on the account so it doesnt happen again. Then today, my wife has gone through her allowance again, despite the fact that I have 50GB of data left, and attracted another $10 charge. Surely this isnt left to 'a note on the account'? There must be something in the set up thats not wrong -  I've contacted Optus 4 times now and still the same issue. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Its bizarre that they dont know how to handle basic stuff like this

Thanks

James

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Merged account still attracting excess data charges

Hmm I thought the services had to be in the one name and on the same bill for data sharing. Did they mention anything about that? Definitely hit them up again for a refund if you haven't used all your data. 

They also have to be on eligible data share plans.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-shared-data-pools-work?requestType=NormalRequest&id...

0 Kudos
Top Contributors