Searching...

Mobile

Mate 10 Pro android update

AR1984

When is the next update coming?? My friend has the mate 9 on optus that's running the latest android system, he received the updated version months ago

Re: Mate 10 Pro android update

Paddylee

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Software-Updates-12-09-2018/bc-p/474766#M14051

VoWifi enabled, Huawei GPU turbo + Face unlock feature added.

Minor update – MMS not working over VoWiFi in flight mode & XCAP not working.

Estimated release: Mid-late September

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Voltron

Competitor Vodafone are in testing phase for their Mate 10 upgrade to Android 9.0.

https://www.vodafone.com.au/support/device/software-updates

Also... Vodafone update their list weekly but Optus... fortnightly.

What's Optus doing about the move of the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro customer handsets to Android 9.0 @Dan_C or anyone else who knows given Vodafone are doing it for their customers?

Dan_C

I've checked Voda's device testing page.

They've noted Android 9.0 <Testing Scheduled> .

It doesn't give a real indication as to when their customers can expect to receive the update. 

My team usually receive notice a month before the expected rollout of the new firmware update. 

We have a new device testing report due tomorrow. I'll be sure to relay any new updates via our Android Software update blog.

If I've received several questions about a particular update, I'll always leave a comment on the blog, rather than wait until the following week to publish a new blog. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

pallan

I have the upgraded to Android 9 and would recommend waiting a bit longer. I have issues with video playback, where the video freezes about 2 seconds into playing. The constant privacy notification when I launch apps or services about sharing information to Hong Kong is concerning given all the press about the company at the moment. If you ok with that, the OS is great from Google.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
127 Kudos
124 Kudos
100 Kudos
85 Kudos
56 Kudos