Searching...

Mobile

Re: Managing Premium SMS and Third Party Content

Mike-N

Hello @MargyR

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had trouble lowering your spend limit and raising a dispute against the charges to request a refund. If you send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name, and date of birth, I'll help you get this done. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Llib

I'm with Tom,

Optus has to be complicit...otherwise they would care and listen to what their customers are complaining about. I've had jamster problems....spent my valuble time chasing up Optus, explaining etc.......null and voided services content and STILL got charged! Now I've gone through the same process again and wasted my time etc. Optus seems to be able to contact the skammers but everytime I tried I got a bogus message machine and a returned email. When the skammers ring me re: complaint their number is hidden......QUESTION...HOW COME OPTUS CAN CONTACT THEM WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM?????

They must be complicit. Why did disableing my content services wait minutes after I was billed by Jamster to disable my services content?   I can only come to one conclusion.....THEY ARE COMPLICIT.

I've always had fantastic support and customer relation experiences with OPTUS in the past...I have always been able to recommend them as service providers and it pains me to now not be able to trust them.

Highlighted

sam_shri

Hello,

I have been billed by Third Party Content provider called MIA Sphere for last 6 months without my explicit consent. I have paid $136 per month totalling $500 plus. I only recently saw the bills and was shocked.

When I discussed this problem with Optus (Chat) it was very dissapointing as Optus was not taking any responsibility for their partnership with these content providers.

I had never asked Optus to provide this Credit faciltity for my Account. Optus had provided this Credit facility by default and without my explicit consent.

Though being a credit provider to these Third Party contenet providers, Optus is not taking any responsiblity in refunding disputed services (Credit provider has a responsibility to resolve disputes).

On the other hand Optus has the audacity to propose that I have to talk to these providers myself directly, when Optus is the one that has been paying these Content Partners of Optus.

I will have to talk to the Telecoms Ombudsman if Optus does not refund the billing and supports such fraudulant service providers and partners.

Regards,

Samir

Llib

Every time I've searched the internet RE: third party charges skams that I hear about...only Optus' name is linked to these skams.

Am I the only person that feels uncomfortable about this?

Llib

Telstra , which previously was the most complained about telco has banned third party content.

Even though its too little too late Optus should at least have the decency to follow through!

JordanOptus

Hey sam_shri, if you've not been able to get a hand on chat or over the phone then we can check it out. Just shoot me a DM with your full name, DOB, and account/service number.

keyla

hello

I just found out I have been charged for $9.08 each week for about 2 years. That’s about $1000. I didn’t authorise this and would like it rectified immediately please and any charges made against my account for "Content Services" immediately refunded. 

Shauna

Hey @keyla - We can dispute these charges directly with the third party provider in which has charged you. Can you please send me a PM with your details? I'll have this arranged and block further charges from coming through. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
keyla

Dan_C

Hey @keyla, we've replied back with a little more info. We're happy to chat with you there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
125 Kudos
96 Kudos
95 Kudos
75 Kudos