cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

autorobot
New Contributor
New Contributor

MY NBN upload speed has dropped off to next to nothing......

on a 100/40 plan when your upload drops to 0.01 Mbps..... it is very noticeable.

ironically the 100 download is fine....  but the upload is like a tap that turns off and on sporadically when we have this problem. If i dont do anything, 10 minutes later its good..... 

i have two offices - there was a problem in VIC last week, now same problem in NSW this week.

can you let me know if you are doing things to the line ??? or do you have some technical difficulties.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: MY NBN upload speed has dropped off to next to nothing......

@autorobot Yes Crowd is a Public Forum and not a direct support for Optus.
https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status click fixed outages and enter your postcode.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status
Enter you address and check for outages.

If there are no reported outages you need to contact Optus directly. Please message Optus Support 24/7 from the My Optus app. If you do not have access to the My Optus app you can use social media to contact Optus Support, please send a PM to Optus on  Facebook or a DM on Twitter and include in the message you do not have access to the My Optus app.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: MY NBN upload speed has dropped off to next to nothing......

Its Otpus responsibility to keep the line working. Are you HFC NBN or FTTN NBN? Uploads can be a bit variable but they should be more consistent than you report. Contact OPtus directly and have them do a line check and perhaps send an NBN technician to check your line out.
0 Kudos