Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

MIA Sphere and Optus Collaboration

Ok.

This is happening to me.

I just checked my bill after receiving a suspicious msg from unknown number, which told me to send 'STOP' so I could be stopped from weekly charge.

Wtf? I have not registered for any of these stupid mobile service while I have a brand new computer to play so much better games.

Anyway, I was too late when I checked my account. I was already charged 5 times without any notice. Thanks Optus.

Even worse, I called optus and they said they cannot refund any of these since it is their fault but my fault because I did not set credit limit to 0. Thanks again Optus.

Remember Optus, People with smartphone left their credit to buy apps from Appstore not to subscribe stupid dmb sht thing.

One last thing. You know, bank normally refund the credit card transaction that is not done my owner. They do this because the banks admit that it is theirs to take care of, which is called 'SECURITY'.

STOP BEING AN AS**OLE AND PLEASE FOCUS MORE ON PEOPLE'S MONEY. I *CKING NEED TO WORK TO MAKE THOSE MONEY. Thanks Optus.

I wish the company called 'OPTUS' collapses after refunding all those suspicious transaction to victims like me.

Thanks Optus

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere and Optus Collaboration

Hi Chris,

Yes, the Premium Subscription scam is probably one of the worst things Optus still supports. Many, many posts on this board are about the exact same thing. Optus have a setting you can request to be set to $0 a month but they set it to $200 by default for all customers (99% of who only find out about it after they have been scammed)

The scam is 'legal' and used to be much worse. The good news is it got looked at by the ACCC and so they modified it enough so they can still operate. Essentially the amounts are now much smaller (used to be $100's) and they will not block a person requesting a refund (they have enough people that either don't notice it or just suck it up). unfortunately Optus customer service is in two minds on scam SMS. Half will say they can't do anything. The other half will lodge a claim for you and credit you back the amout once the claim is not responded to (by the scammers). Optus are require to sort the issue out.

Call back (or you'll probably get a moderator posting here in 48 hours) and request a Optus dispute the charges and credit them. Note they won't credit them on the spot - usually by your next bill.

@Optus - Surely you've heard that one upset customer does more damage than five happy ones? Telstra are banning all premium SMS serives in a month. Perhaps you can do the same and put this sorry part of telco history where it belonngs - in the past ?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos